Our Adult Program offers short and long term therapy. We offer individual and group therapy for adults. Together with your therapist, you will explore patterns, issues and strengths which will lead to a greater understanding and mastery over your actions. The individual is also encouraged to discuss any other needs he or she may have, such as case management, parenting, and medication management. Your therapist will coordinate services and ensure comprehensive and quality care.
Our Adult Program also offers group therapy that provides education, increases socialization and promotes increased awareness of physical and emotional health that leads to self-advocacy, improved self-esteem and social relationships. The adult program currently has groups in both Spanish and English.
The Intake Department coordinates admission for adults looking for individual therapy. We accept self-referrals, and referrals from outside providers. Therapists are located at both the 13th St. & 15th St. locations.
Beginning Services at PSCMH
To begin services at PSCMH:
- The individual or referral source will call PSCMH at 718-788-5101 and speak with someone about what services they are seeking.
- Please have your insurance information available when you call. We also offer out-of-pocket payment. Click here for more information about payment options.
- A brief phone screening is performed to determine initial eligibility to our program. The intake coordinator will then provide information on our intake process.
- Your assigned therapist will reach out to the client via phone to schedule the initial session.
- Once intake is completed, the client will meet with their therapist on a weekly basis. Together they will develop a treatment plan and goals to help guide their work.